How do I change or correct information in the petition, schedules and statements I have already filed with the Clerk's office?


The information contained in your petition, schedules, and statement of affairs is submitted under penalty of perjury. Therefore, you must be certain that it is correct when you sign these documents.

If, however, you later discover that something is inaccurate, the documents may be corrected by the filing of an amendment with the Clerk's Office. New schedules or statements must be filed showing the corrected information. All amendments must be signed by the debtor(s) with a declaration under penalty of perjury.

A filing fee is required to amend schedules when adding creditors, deleting creditors, changing the amount specified as being owed to a creditor, or changing the classificationof a debt on Schedules D/E, or F.  See Miscellaneous Fee Schedule. If additonal creditors are added, a separate additional page matrix is required to be filed, listing only the creditor(s) being added.

A new Form must be filed along with the amended schedule(s) : Form B106-Summary - A Summary of You Assets and Liabilities and Certain Statistical Information (individuals) or Form B206-Summary -  A Summary of Your Assets and Liabilities (non-individuals).

All amendments must be served pursuant to Federal Bankruptcy Rules.