There are several ways to review or obtain case information. See the information below for a brief description and a hyperlink to each. For fees related to electronic public access as directed by the Judicial Conference, please refer to the Electronic Public Access Fee Schedule.
Click here for more information about obtaining document copies or call the clerk's office at (319) 286-2200 or (712) 233-3939.
Access to Case Information
- CM/ECF - Case Management / Electronic Case Files (CM/ECF) is an electronic case management and electronic case filing system for the federal courts. CM/ECF provides 24-hour electronic access to files and allows for electronic filing of documents over the internet. To obtain information on registering for CM/ECF, click here.
- VCIS - Voice Case Information System (VCIS) is an automated voice response system that allows the caller to obtain information about a bankruptcy case via telephone and free of charge.
- PACER - Web based Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) is an electronic public access service that allows users to obtain case information. Click here for more information on PACER
- U.S. Party/Case Index - The U.S. Party Case Index is a national index for most federal courts. It is a part of the PACER system and allows you to conduct a nationwide search for cases filed with participating courts.
- Case Statistics - Bankruptcy Cases Filed, Terminated, and Pending—During the 12-Month Periods Ending December 31 and previous years.
- Archived Cases - Obtain information on cases archived with the National Archives and Administration.