The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Iowa continues to closely monitor the national and local responses to the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) with respect to public health concerns. We will follow guidance provided by the Administrative Office of the United States Courts, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and from the State of Iowa.
Bankruptcy Court Public Administrative Order 20-03 dated April 13, 2020
District Court Public Administrative Order 20-AO-0010-P dated July 29, 2020 VACATED May 18, 2021
See District Court Public Administrative Order 21-AO-0005-P dated May 18, 2021
Bankruptcy Court Public Administrative Order 20-08 dated November 23, 2020
The court will inform you if a hearing is re-scheduled to a later date or if it will be held telephonically. Please review all Notices Rescheduling or Continuing Hearing very carefully.
The Clerk's Office is open to the public and the hours of operation are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. It is recommended that filers contact the Clerk's Office by phone at 319-286-2200 or 712-233-3939 for assistance with alternate methods for filing documents and making payments.
- Most inquiries and requests for documents can be handled over the phone, and copies will be mailed to the requestor.
- All documents filed with the Clerk's Office should include the contact's email and phone number.
- The Clerk's Office is currently staffed to allow for confirmation of filings or receipt of funds sent by mail.
- Self-represented (pro se) debtors are encouraged to file documents and make installment payments online or by mail. We are requesting that filing fees be made online or by cashiers' check or money order.
- The Clerk's Office generally does not accept documents sent via email or fax. Please contact the Clerk's Office for further information.
- Forms and instructions for filing are available on the court's website.
- Creditors are encouraged to file proofs of claims and amended claims online using ePOC.